The Secret Spa Cornwall
Coronavirus Safety Measures
Over the past few months, I have been following the news of the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic over the past few months, leading me to produce the following information.
This document, outlines some of the key measures I have taken to reduce the risk of spreading coronavirus (COVID-19). Please note the content may be subject to change.
I would like to reassure you by sharing some of my actions, I have carried out a full risk assessment of my MOBILE therapy business to reduce the risk of spreading coronavirus (COVID-19) and adhere to COVID – 19 guidelines produced by the government.
I have completed a certified infection control course and introduced enhanced cleaning and hygiene procedures.
I will be closely monitoring my own health, and that of my clients, to ensure neither party is put at risk of contracting COVID-19.
Safeguarding measures, I have introduced
- Hand Hygiene: I will wash my hands thoroughly for at least 30 seconds before and after all massages and at regular intervals throughout the day and use sanitiser on arrival. I will be wearing a protective visor (PPE) thought out the visit.
- Maintain social distancing: please note that while many treatments involve close contact, I will be observing social distancing measures wherever possible. This might include, for example, maintaining an appropriate distance during the consultation process, and when arriving and leaving for an appointment.
- Adapting or restricting treatments: it may be necessary for me to adapt or restrict certain treatments, in order to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 and/or protect my clients’ health and safety. Any clients likely to be impacted will be advised as soon as possible.
- Waste: will be taken away by myself and disposed of in line with Government Guidelines
- Laundry: any linens or towels provided by me will be taken away and washed in line with Government Guidelines
- I will not be carrying out head, face massage and facials.
If you feel unwell
Please avoid booking with me if you’re ill. Don’t book if you or anyone in your household is self- isolating. By refraining from booking, you will protect not only your myself but my future clients as well.
If a treatment is cancelled or deferred at short notice because my client has COVID-19 or has symptoms of COVID-19, any standard cancellation fees will be waivered. The client will be asked to kindly confirm in writing that their appointment has been cancelled or deferred because they have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19.
I also kindly ask that other members of your household maintain social distance. I reserve the right to refuse to treat you if I believe you are exhibiting any Covid – 19 like symptoms.
What is required of you
Are you classed as an extremely vulnerable person (high risk)?
If you are classed as clinically extremely vulnerable and require shielding, you will have received a letter from the NHS explaining this. Defer treatments until the government indicates that it is safe for you to leave home or have visitors providing non-essential care.
Are you classed as a vulnerable person (moderate risk)?
Unlike people at high risk, those who are classed as clinically vulnerable will not have received a letter from the NHS. If you are unsure if you are clinically vulnerable, please refer to the NHS website at www.nhs.uk. If you meet the definition of someone who is clinically vulnerable.
Clients who fall into the NHS moderate & high-risk groups will need to rearrange/defer treatments to a later date until further notice.
Answer some questions specifically about COVID – 19
To please wash your hands thoroughly before all treatments.
Prepare the space and let some nice fresh air in by opening a window.
Clean linen and towels will be used for each client. However, I am now asking each of you to provide 2 clean towels and a blanket.
Pay by card or other cashless method, where possible.
I will be using a massage table, if you could please make a space prior to me arriving to help me avoid contact with your home surfaces.
If you have any questions or you would like to discuss your next appointment, please do not hesitate to get in touch. It is very important to me that you feel comfortable resuming your treatments, so please feel free to ask me anything, no matter how small
I look forward to seeing you again but in the meantime, stay safe and well.
Updated 10.00pm 26th July 2020